PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE COOKIES
1 1/2 cup organic chickpeas. It’s best to use ones that have been properly prepared, this gets rid of phytic acid, a substance which can cause mineral deficiency. Soak the chickpeas overnight (with a little salt) and then cook on low in slow cooker for 6 hours.
1/2 heaped cup organic peanut butter, the only ingredients should be peanuts!
1/8-1/4 cup organic honey, B grade maple syrup or brown rice syrup- for a fructose free version. Use the lesser amount if you are not a sweet tooth or leave it out all together for a healthy snack
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp expeller pressed virgin coconut oil
1) Preheat oven to 176 °C (350 F) and line cookie tray
2) On very low heat, melt peanut butter, coconut oil and honey until smooth. take off the heat and stir in vanilla
3) Blend chickpeas until they form a paste. Add them, along with the baking powder and salt, to the peanut butter mixture and stir until combined
4) Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet, just over one tablespoon in size
5) Bake for 8-10 minutes. You want them to be just golden so that they stay dense, undercooked is better than overcooked with these.