Chocolate Coconut Mousse
This chocolate coconut mousse is really simple to prepare and is ever so luscious and chocolatey. I have used the egg whits as well as the egg yolks making it light and fluffy. For a super rich mousse try my ‘Rich Chocolate Mousse With Raspberry Cream’.
1 tin organic coconut cream- put into the fridge for at least 2 hours
3 organic eggs from pastured hens
100g organic quality chocolate- use 75%+ the darker the chocolate the less sugar it will contain
1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
1 tbsp organic butter from pastured cows- this is optional, if you don’t eat dairy simply leave it out
1. Separate the eggs putting the whites into the bowl of the electric mixer. Whisk these until they form soft peaks.
2. Using a double boiler melt the chocolate, butter (if using it) and salt
3. Once the chocolate has melted, slowly whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time. Remove from the heat.
4. Open the tin of coconut cream and scoop off the cream leaving the water behind for another use. Mix this into the chocolate mixture.
5. Finally fold in the egg whites until the mixture looks smooth
6. Spoon into serving bowls or glasses. This makes 4-6 servings. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with some toasted coconut or flaked almonds on top if you wish.