Try to use organic ingredients as much as possible, especially when using animal produce.
4 organic eggs from pastured hens
2 rashers of organic free range bacon
1 cup of either organic onions or shallots, chopped
1 clove organic garlic, chopped
1 cup organic mushrooms, chopped
1 cup organic kale, roughly chopped (you could also use spinach)
1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup organic feta cheese
1/2 tbsp rosemary, fresh is best
1/2 tbsp thyme, again fresh herbs will bring a nice flavour
Pink Himalayan salt, to season
1) Preheat oven to 180°C (350 F), using some coconut oil or butter, grease a small baking dish.
2) Heat fry pan and cook bacon until just crispy, set aside
3) Using the bacon oil, fry onions, mushroom, garlic, kale and herbs until the onions are lightly browned. You may need to add a little coconut oil or butter
4) Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and pour into baking dish. Once onions have browned, pour the mixture on top of the egg mixture.
5) Place the tomatoes and bacon on top and crumble feta evenly. Season with salt and pepper
6) Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through