APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS
There’s nothing like warm apple cinnamon muffins fresh out of the oven with some grass-fed butter of course.
2 cups organic blanched almond flour
1 tsp organic baking powder
1 1/4 tsp organic baking soda
1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
1 tbs organic ground cinnamon
100g unsalted organic grass-fed butter, at room temperature
50g organic raw honey or B grade maple syrup. Omit the sweetener for a low sugar healthy snack
1 egg from organic pastured hen
3/4 cup organic natural full fat yoghurt (300g)
2 organic apples (about 160g), peeled, cored and diced
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2) Put flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda and powder into a bowl and stir to combine, set aside
3) In a separate bowl, cream the butter, add the sweeteners, followed by the egg. Watch that you don’t over beat.
4) Using a spoon, mix in the yoghurt and then the dry ingredients. Fold in the apple
5) Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin trays (12)
6) Bake for 17- 20 minutes or until slightly brown and centre has cooked
7) Put onto cooling wrack after 10 minutes once baked and enjoy warm with some butter!